Why can't I access a task?
When you click on a task ID or a link to view the web app from Slack, you may not be able to access the page that is requested.
You will see a message like the one below.
There is multiple reasons why you cannot access the task and each will be discussed, and what you can do to resolve this:
- You don't have access to see the list.
- You are logged in with a different Slack Team.
You don't have access to see the list
- Open Slack and go to the channel / conversation where this task is located.
- In this channel, type: /todo list - This will give you access to the channel and make you part of the space in the web app.
- Click on the task ID again to access the task.
You should be able to access the task.
If this does not work, follow the instructions below to log out of your Slack team.
You are logged in with a different Slack team
A reason why you may not be able to access a task is because you are logged in with a different Slack team, and not the Slack team that the task belongs to.
- To check your Workast teams, click on this link: https://my.workast.io
- Click on the team in which the task belongs to log in. Once logged in, you should then be able to access the task.
More articles from With Slack
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started