Editing a task and adding a description in Slack
Editing a task and adding a description can be done within Slack by using the drop-down message menu.
- Click on the drop-down menu (the ellipses - the three dots) under the task in Slack and select "Edit."
- A dialogue window will appear which will allow you to edit the name of the task and add a description.
- Edit the task as needed then click "Save" to confirm the changes.
You can also edit a task and add a description by using the drop-down menu after using the /todo list command.
- Type /todo list in the channel containing the task that you'd like to edit.
- Click on the ellipses (the three dots) next to the task name, and select "Edit."
- Edit the task as needed, then click "Save" to confirm the changes.
To learn how to edit a task name in the Workast web app, click here.
More articles from With Slack
- How to react (emoji) to a comment in Slack
- Creating a task from a Slack message
- How to use the shortcut button in Slack (lightning bolt)
- How to create a task using the shortcut key (lightning bolt) in Slack
- The Home screen in Slack
- How to create a task from the Home Screen in Slack
- How to turn a Slack message into a Workast task
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started