Tasks can be moved easily in the Workast web app. From rearranging the priority in a list to moving them to a different list or column, or even moving them to a different space, the drag and drop function makes it easy to move your task to where you want it to be.
How to move tasks within the same list or column
- To move a task within the same list or column, drag and drop the task into the new position in the list.
- When you are dragging the task in the list view, when you hover over the new position for the task, drop it when you see the indented line.
- When moving tasks in the board view, drop your task where you see the empty stop in the column.
How to move tasks to a different list or column
- To move a task to a different list, drag and drop it into that list or column.
How to move a task from one space to another
- To move a task from one space to another, you must be in the lists view in your space.
- Locate the task that you want to move, and drag it over to its new space on the left-hand taskbar.
- Once you hover the task over the new space, the lists in that space will dropdown.
- Drop the task into the list where you'd like the task.
- A confirmation pop-up will appear, confirming the task has been moved.
More articles from How to guides
- How to create a task in Workast
- How to edit the name of a task
- How to clone or duplicate a task
- How to create a subtask
- How to edit or customize a subtask
- How to add an attachment or file to a task
- How to copy the task ID and summary
- Using email to create a task
- How to leave a comment on a task in Workast
- How to tag your teammates in a task comment
- How to delete a task
- How to turn on or off task creation messages in Slack channels when a task is created in Workast
- Personal Tasks in Workast
- Using the Home Page in Workast
- My current tasks (How to set a priority or favorite task)
- How to copy the link (URL) to a task
- How to sort tasks in a space
- How to use the multi-select mode in Workast
- Custom fields in Workast
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started