How to Archive or Delete a Space from View
When a space is no longer being used, or relevant, it can be archived. This will move it out of the list of active spaces, but keep it available, so you can reference the tasks if needed. (Spaces are always archived and not deleted.)
Please note - if the space you want to archive is connected to a Slack channel, you will need to disconnect the space from Slack before you archive it. You can learn how to do so here.
To archive a space:
- Click on the gear icon in the top right-hand corner of the space (the space menu.)
- Select "Archive Space."
- A confirmation dialogue will appear. Click "Yes" to confirm archiving the space.
- The space will then be archived, and accessible in the browse spaces tab, under "Archived spaces."
To restore (unarchive) a space
- Click on the + next to "Spaces" in your left-hand taskbar, then select "Browse spaces."
- Click on "Archived spaces" then scroll down to the space that you'd like to restore. Click on the space to open it.
- Select "Unarchive Space."
- The space will now be reactivated and a confirmation will appear in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- To learn how to reconnect the restored space to a Slack channel, click here.
More articles from How to guides
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started