Creating a task using the /todo command in Slack
- In a channel or in a direct message, type /todo followed by the task details, including the name of the task, the assignee (if applicable) using the @ key, and the due date (if applicable).
- For example - /todo order file folders @kay Thursday 10am
- Press enter to create the task.
- The task will now be created in the channel or conversations, and all participants of the channel can view the task. As long as they have their notifications turned on, assignees will also get notified of the task in their Workast channel. (Notifications on is the default setting. *Learn how to update your notification settings.
More articles from With Slack
- How to react (emoji) to a comment in Slack
- Creating a task from a Slack message
- How to use the shortcut button in Slack (lightning bolt)
- How to create a task using the shortcut key (lightning bolt) in Slack
- The Home screen in Slack
- How to create a task from the Home Screen in Slack
- How to turn a Slack message into a Workast task
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started