Creating a task using the task composer in Slack
- Type the command /todo in a Slack channel and hit enter. The task composer pane will appear.
- Click on the drop-down menu under Space and choose the space/channel for your task.
- The task will be set to be created in the default list in that space/channel. To change lists, click on the arrow next to the list name, and choose the preferred list.
- Type the task title in the Summary line.
- You can add a task description in the Description section.
- Click the drop-down menu under "Assign to" to assign the task.
- Enter a due date either by using the drop-down menu. Add a due time the same way if desired.
- Once you are finishing creating your task, click Create.
More articles from With Slack
- How to react (emoji) to a comment in Slack
- Creating a task from a Slack message
- How to use the shortcut button in Slack (lightning bolt)
- How to create a task using the shortcut key (lightning bolt) in Slack
- The Home screen in Slack
- How to create a task from the Home Screen in Slack
- How to turn a Slack message into a Workast task
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started