How to use the shortcut button in Slack (lightning bolt)
The shortcut button in Slack (lightning bolt icon) can be used to quickly find and use your Slack actions and apps. It can be found to the left of the message field.
Clicking on the shortcut button will bring up the shortcut menu.
If you don't see Workast in your list immediately, you can either scroll down or use the search box and type in "Workast" to locate it.
The shortcut button allows you to:
Click on the links to learn more about task creation in Slack and the forms integration.
More articles from With Slack
- How to create a new task in Slack
- Creating a task using the /todo command in Slack
- Creating a task using the task composer in Slack
- How to view open tasks in Slack
- Editing a task and adding a description in Slack
- Message menus in Slack
- How to delete a task in Slack
- How to leave a comment on a task in Slack
- Why can't I access a task?
- How to react (emoji) to a comment in Slack
- Creating a task from a Slack message
- How to create a task using the shortcut key (lightning bolt) in Slack
- The Home screen in Slack
- How to create a task from the Home Screen in Slack
- How to turn a Slack message into a Workast task
- How to create a subtask in Slack
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started