Using Slack's Workflow Builder with Workast*
Use this workflow to quickly turn messages into items on your to-do list in Workast. Using an emoji reaction, simply send them to a single place for later review, so you can stay focused and keep pace with your work happening in Slack.
*Slack's Workflow builder is only available on certain paid Slack plans. Slack plans and Workast plans are separate and upgraded separately. To learn more, click here. For information on Workast plans, click here.
A few uses for this workflow:
- HR: Turn employee requests into tasks
- Product: Turn feedback messages into tasks
- IT: Turn support questions into tasks
When someone reacts to a message with your workflow’s emoji, a task will automatically be created in Workast. This way, you can later review all tasks at a convenient time in one place.
To use the Workflow Builder with Workast
- Download the example.
- Navigate to Workflow Builder and select “Import.”
- Once imported, edit the workflow to make it work for you and your team.
Publish and show your team your new workflow.
A step by step example:
- Import the template and give your workflow a name.
- Select a channel and emoji trigger for your workflow.
- Customize the “Create a task” step to map Slack message variables to your Workast task details.
- Publish and tell your teammates how to use your workflow’s emoji, so they can automatically create their to-do list in Workast without leaving Slack.
To learn how to create templates with Workast, click here.
More articles from How to guides
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started