How to turn a Slack message into a Workast task
Workast is a task management app that is installed into a Slack workspace. It helps team manage tasks within Slack channels. Workast allows you to create tasks, without leaving Slack. Learn more about Workast here.
You can create a task from an existing Slack message that has been posted in a channel.
To create your task:
- Mouse over to the right of the text, then click on the 3 horizontal dots ("more actions" button.)
- Select "Create a Task"
- A pop-up will appear, allowing you to create a task. The Slack message will be the default task title but can be edited.
- You can also add a description by typing into the description field.
- Use the drop-down menus to add a due date, due time and assignee(s) if desired.
- Click "Create" to create the task. (To cancel the task creation, select "Cancel.")
- The task will then be created. The standard drop-down message menu is available under the task creation message, to allow for editing if needed.
More articles from With Slack
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started