How to turn a Slack message into a Workast task
Workast is a task management app that is installed into a Slack workspace. It helps team manage tasks within Slack channels. Workast allows you to create tasks, without leaving Slack. Learn more about Workast here.
You can create a task from an existing Slack message that has been posted in a channel.
To create your task:
- Mouse over to the right of the text, then click on the 3 horizontal dots ("more actions" button.)
- Select "Create a Task"
- A pop-up will appear, allowing you to create a task. The Slack message will be the default task title but can be edited.
- You can also add a description by typing into the description field.
- Use the drop-down menus to add a due date, due time and assignee(s) if desired.
- Click "Create" to create the task. (To cancel the task creation, select "Cancel.")
- The task will then be created. The standard drop-down message menu is available under the task creation message, to allow for editing if needed.
More articles from With Slack
- How to create a new task in Slack
- Creating a task using the /todo command in Slack
- Creating a task using the task composer in Slack
- How to view open tasks in Slack
- Editing a task and adding a description in Slack
- Message menus in Slack
- How to delete a task in Slack
- How to leave a comment on a task in Slack
- Why can't I access a task?
- How to react (emoji) to a comment in Slack
- Creating a task from a Slack message
- How to use the shortcut button in Slack (lightning bolt)
- How to create a task using the shortcut key (lightning bolt) in Slack
- The Home screen in Slack
- How to create a task from the Home Screen in Slack
- How to create a subtask in Slack
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started