How to turn off or turn on notifications in a Slack channel when a task is completed in Workast (Slack)
Workast is a task management app for teams that use Slack. It helps teams manage teamwork easily and ensures everyone in the team knows exactly what they need to do.
When a task is completed in Workast, a task notification is posted in the Slack notification to advise the channel that a task has been completed. This is an example of the notification:
To turn off the notification in the Slack channel that a task is completed:
- Type /todo list to bring up the task list
- Click on "Settings"
- Under "Share tasks in a channel" the checkbox for "Share all completed tasks" will be checked
- Uncheck this to turn off the notifications
- To turn the notifications in the channel back on, check the box. There will be a checkmark to indicate the notifications are on.
- Settings for each channel need to be amended individually.
More articles from With Slack
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started