How to create a task in Workast
Tasks are a simple way to manage your work. Tasks can be part of a larger project or stand-alone items that need to be completed. This guide will show you how to get started with your first tasks in Workast.
On the left-hand taskbar, click on the space in which you would like to create the task.
Click on +Create new task where you can start typing your new task. You can add a new task in any list in the space/channel.
Quick tip - you can add a due date to a task by adding it after the task title - click here to learn more. You can also open assignee options by hitting the tab key.
The task has now been created in the space. Any assignees will receive a notification of the task in their Workast channel in Slack.
For more information on how to create tasks in Slack, see our guide here.
More articles from How to guides
- How to tag your teammates in a task comment
- Moving tasks
- How to delete a task
- How to turn on or off task creation messages in Slack channels when a task is created in Workast
- Personal Tasks in Workast
- Using the Home Page in Workast
- My current tasks (How to set a priority or favorite task)
- How to copy the link (URL) to a task
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started