How to connect an existing space to a Slack channel
If you'd like to know how to create a space and have it linked to a Slack channel from creation, see this article.
Please note that a Slack channel can only be associated with one Workast space.
To link your space to a Slack channel:
- Click on the (+) sign on the top right-hand corner of the Space to add an app. If you have apps in the space already, click on the ellipses (three dots) and select "Manage apps."
- Find the Slack app, and click on 'Add' and close the window.
- At the top right-hand corner, there will be a Slack icon.
- Click on the Slack icon and then 'Settings.'
- There will be an option to 'Select a Slack channel' and this will connect a Slack channel with the Space.
- Select a channel and click on 'Save.'
- Only channels that are not connected to another Workast space will connect successfully.
More articles from With Slack
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started