How to disconnect or change the Slack channel linked to an existing space
You can now disconnect or change the Slack channel that is connected to an existing space in Workast.
If you'd like to learn how to connect an existing space to a Slack channel for the first time, see this article. If you'd like to learn how to create a space and connect it to a Slack channel from creation, see this article.
Please note that a Slack channel can only be associated with one Workast space.
To disconnect a Slack channel from an existing space
- Open the space in the Workast web app.
- Click on the Slack icon in the top right-hand section
- Click "Disconnect."
- A confirmation pop-up will appear - select "Yes" to confirm that you want to disconnect that space from the Slack channel.
- The space will now be disconnected from that Slack channel.
To change the Slack channel linked to a space
- Open the space in the Workast web application.
- Click on Slack icon in the top right-hand corner
- Click on "Settings" - a pop-up will appear with a list of Slack channels. Scroll up and down to see the full list of channels. (Please note that only public channels are available at this time.)
- Select the Slack channel that you want to have linked to the space.
- Press "Save" to confirm the change.
Looking for something else? Learn how to create a Slack to do list here.
More articles from With Slack
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started