How to create a subtask
Workast is a task management platform where you can create tasks for you and your team members. Tasks are the main component in Workast which helps you to track work, manage daily to-dos and run projects. Workast is unique as it connects directly to Slack so you can create tasks when you are in a Slack channel. Learn more about Workast here.
A task can then be broken down into smaller tasks which is called a subtask. A subtask adds the flexibility of showing smaller or related steps within a larger task. *
To create a subtask
- Open the task that needs a subtask
- Click on the subtask icon in the top panel. If the task already has subtasks, you'll have an option to click +Create a new subtask under the existing subtasks as well.
- The subtask panel will open in the task.
- Type the subtask title in the Task Summary.
- To assign the subtask during task creation, click on the people icon or hit tab and select the user(s.) To add a due date during task creation, either type the due date in the task title or click on the calendar icon. Hit enter to save the subtask.
- To close the subtask creation panel, click on the subtask icon in the top panel.
- To edit or customize the subtask, click on the subtask to open the subtask panel. You can learn more about editing or customizing subtasks here.
* Subtasks are a feature available with some Workast plans. For more information on our various plans, click here.
More articles from How to guides
- How to create a task in Workast
- How to edit the name of a task
- How to clone or duplicate a task
- How to edit or customize a subtask
- How to add an attachment or file to a task
- How to copy the task ID and summary
- Using email to create a task
- How to leave a comment on a task in Workast
- How to tag your teammates in a task comment
- Moving tasks
- How to delete a task
- How to turn on or off task creation messages in Slack channels when a task is created in Workast
- Personal Tasks in Workast
- Using the Home Page in Workast
- My current tasks (How to set a priority or favorite task)
- How to copy the link (URL) to a task
- How to sort tasks in a space
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started