How to deactivate or delete your account
We're constantly striving to improve Workast, and we hope that everyone that uses our app loves it as much as we do.
However, different people have different needs, and if it turns out that Workast isn't working for you, here's what you can do:
- Don't like the notifications? It's easy to turn them off or change your notification preferences - click here to learn how.
- Don't like the training emails? We understand; some people love the extra help, some don't. Simply click the unsubscribe link that's at the bottom of every single email.
- Feeling overwhelmed and not sure where to start? Check out our quick start guide to help get you going.
- Still have questions and can't find the answer? Send in a ticket request.
To delete your personal Workast account
If the above information doesn't help, and you still want to remove your account, here's how to do it:
- Log in to the web app here. (Even if you've only used Workast in Slack, you must log in to the web app to delete your account.)
- Click on the arrow next to your name in the top left-hand corner and select "Preferences." The preferences screen will open.
- Scroll down to "Deactivate my account." Click on the red "Deactivate my account" button and confirm.
- You will completely lose access to Workast, will not be able to interact with the Workast application in Slack, and no one will be able to assign you tasks. Should you wish to use the app again, your team admin will have to reactivate you as shown here.
- If you are the only admin on your team, you'll have to add another admin before you can deactivate your account, or deactivate your entire team.
Please note - deactivating your account does NOT cancel a paid Workast Premium subscription. To learn how to cancel your paid subscription, click here.
If you want to know how to delete the Workast app from your team's Slack, click here.
More articles from How to guides
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started