How to add an attachment or file to a task*
You can add an attachment or file to a task or a subtask* in any view in the Workast web app.
To add an attachment to a task:
- Expand the task by clicking on it.
- Click on the paperclip icon in the top of a task to open your file browser. Click on the file that you want to add, and select open/confirm the file to add it.
- You also can copy and paste an image into the task by using either your mouse or the control/command+C keyboard shortcut to copy and control/command+V to paste it.
- You can also drag and drop a file from most files/program locations into the attachment portion of the task with most programs. (A few third party programs may prevent this function.)
- To delete an attachment, mouseover the attachment and click on the red X to the left of the attachment name. Select yes to remove it.
To download an attachment:
- Click on the file name.
- Follow the onscreen instructions
Please note - file attachments can only be added to tasks through the web app or mobile app and cannot be added in Slack at this time.
* Subtasks are a feature of paid Workast subscriptions. File attachments may be limited by your plan. See our pricing page for details.
Click here to learn how to use the Google drive integration.