How to clone or duplicate a task
Cloning or duplicating a task is an easy way to replicate an entire task, without having to type it all again. You can clone any task, and all of the main task elements will be duplicated, including the description, attachments, assignees, subtasks, and tags. Please note that comments will not be copied into the new task.
To clone a task:
- In the Workast web app. click on a task to open the task details panel.
- Click on the ellipses (three dots) at the top of the panel.
- Select "Duplicate."
- The new task will be created at the bottom of the list containing the original task.
More articles from How to guides
- How to tag your teammates in a task comment
- Moving tasks
- How to delete a task
- How to turn on or off task creation messages in Slack channels when a task is created in Workast
- Personal Tasks in Workast
- Using the Home Page in Workast
- My current tasks (How to set a priority or favorite task)
- How to copy the link (URL) to a task
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started