The Notes extension: 101
Notes are a great way to collaborate with your team within Workast. From meeting notes to sharing media, from checklists to brainstorming, it's a useful way to share information quickly within your team.
Adding the Notes extension
To add notes to a space:
- Click on the ellipsis (...) to the right of the Tasks tab in your space.
- Check the box next to Notes to add them to your space.
- Once you've added the 'Notes' app to the space, it will show up in a link in the space next to the calendar view.
Creating a note
To create your note:
- Click on the 'Notes' link in the space
- Click on the green "Create" button at the top right to start.
- A new note will open. Click on Untitled Note to add your note title.
- To add content to your note, move your cursor to the text entry portion where it says "Click here to start writing."
Formatting a note
- To add various formats or attachments, click on the pilcrow (paragraph symbol) ¶. The paragraph options at this time are:
- New paragraph
- Heading 1 (large heading)
- Heading 2 (smaller heading)
- Numbered list
- Bulleted list
- Checkmark list
- Block quotation
- Image (insert from a file on your computer)
- Simple table creation
- Video URL link
- To add a link, highlight the text then select the link icon or press control/command + K. Add your link address and click on the checkmark to save it.
- Addling links to your note
- To edit a link, highlight the linked text and click on the pencil icon.
- To delete a link, highlight the linked text and click on the delete icon (link icon with the X.)
- Adding a comment to your note
- To add a comment, highlight text, right-click and select the comment bubble. Click the checkmark to save the comment.
- To edit the comment, click on the pencil icon.
- To delete the comment, click on the delete icon (garbage can.)
- Comments will be indicated by the yellow highlighted text.
Formatting text in your note
- To format text in your note, highlight the text and right-click to bring up the menu. Select the options you want in the menu (bold or italics) or use the keyboard shortcuts - control/command +B for bold, and control/command +I for italics.
- Highlight text and click "Remove format" to remove the bold or italics.
Inviting your teammates to view your note
- Click on share.
- Get a shareable link to your note by clicking on the "Invite users" icon in the top right-hand corner of your page. Please be aware that recipients must be a member of your Workast team to view the note, and if the note is created in a private space, only members of that space will be able to view the note.
- You can also right-click the note in the Notes tab in the space and select "Copy Link."
Deleting your note
- Only the note creator can delete the note.
- To delete the note, right-click on the note in the notes tab space and select "Remove." A confirmation will appear, click "Yes" to delete your note.
More articles from Extensions
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started