Creating a task from a Slack message
- Mouse over to the right of the text, then click on the 3 horizontal dots ("more actions" button.)
- Select "Create a Task."
- A dialogue box will appear, allowing you to create a task. The Slack message will be the default task title but can be edited.
- The task will be set to be created in the same channel/space but you can change the space at the top by clicking on the arrow next to the space/channel name. Adjust the list if needed the same way.
- You can also add a description, assign the task to team members, and add a due date as applicable. Click on the drop-down menus to add assignees and due dates.
- Click "Create" to create the task. (To cancel the task creation, select "Cancel.")
- The task will then be created. The standard drop-down message menu is available under the task creation message if you need to edit the task.
To learn more about using Workast in Slack, click here.
More articles from With Slack
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started