How to add additional users to your Workast team
Any member* of your Slack team can be added to your Workast team. You can do so in one of four ways:
- In Slack - by assigning a task to the user. Learn how here.
- In Slack - by sending them an invitation through the home screen. Learn how here.
- In the web app - by adding the user to a space. Learn how here.
- In the admin dashboard in the web app - see below. You must be a team admin to add users using this method. To learn more about the admin user role, click here.
* To learn how to add guest users to your team's Workast, click here.
Adding new users in your admin dashboard
- Access your admin dashboard by clicking on the arrow next to your name in the top left-hand corner of the web app, then selecting "Manage (Your Team.)" This will open your admin dashboard.
- Once in your admin dashboard, select "add user." You must be in the "Active" user view and a team admin to add a user.
- Begin to type the user's name in the search field, then click on their name when it populates. You must type in at least 3 letters to begin the user search.
Quick tip - if the user is not populating when you are typing in their name, check to see if they've been deactivated by clicking the "Active" tab and changing it to "Deactivated." To learn how to change member roles, click here. If you have already added the user, but neither you nor they have taken any additional action, such as assigning them tasks, or they haven't logged in to the web app yet, they may not appear. Once they have interacted with Workast, or been assigned tasks, they will appear in the admin panel as a user.
To learn how to deactivate a user, click here.
More articles from How to guides
- How to delete or uninstall your Workast team
- How to manage users in your team (including deactivating users and adding admins)
- How to change your team name or domain
- How to customize Workast notifications and daily reminders in Slack
- How to invite additional users to Workast in Slack
- What is a "Free Guest" account?
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started