Guest accounts are great for temporary vendors or contractors, where you want to give them visibility to one or more specific projects. Team admins can now invite guests to join your team.
Guest accounts are pretty much like normal accounts but have restricted access. Guests do not have the ability to join spaces on their own and must be invited to a space by a full member. Once invited to a space, they have full access to the tasks within that space and can create, complete, and edit tasks. There is no limit to the number of spaces a guest joins. Guest accounts cannot create or archive spaces and do not have access to templates, archived spaces, or direct spaces. They cannot access your member list in the admin dashboard, or invite others to spaces. They also cannot create tags or add extensions, but they can use them.
Guest accounts are only available for paid teams, and the guest account will be charged at the same rate as a full member. Once you create a guest account, a pro-rated charge will be applied to your account until your next invoice. If you deactivate the guest account before your next invoice, a credit will be applied to your account for the unused amount of time.
How to create a guest account:
- Go to your admin panel by clicking on the arrow next to your name in the top left-hand corner of the web app, then selecting "Manage."
- This will open up your admin panel.
- Click on "Add user" and then "Create guest user."
- A dialogue will open, allowing you to enter the guest user's information.
- Add the user's name and email address, then click "Send invite." If the email is already taken and is not in the deactivated user's tab, or you want to convert an existing full member into a guest, please contact us.
- If you want to link this guest account with an existing slack guest account, you can enter their Slack ID. This will allow Slack guest accounts to interact with Workast through the Slack application once that has been implemented. (To learn how to find a Slack ID, click here.) Please note that only multi-channel guests will be able to use Workast in Slack. Single-channel guests will be able to use Workast in the web app, but will not be able to use Workast within Slack.
- Once the guest account is created, the guest can use their email address to log into Workast.
Please note - to change the status of a guest account to a full member, please contact us here. Please make sure you include the guest user's name and email address.
To learn how to activate and deactivate team members, click here. Guests are deactivated in the same way as normal members.
To learn more about the admin user role, click here.
More articles from How to guides
Install Workast to your Slack workspace and start organizing your teamwork today.Get Started