How to create a project or event
Workast is the ideal place to plan, deploy, and complete a project or an event. You can create a space for the project, create lists, add team members, and assign tasks all within the Workast web app.
Creating a space for your project
To create a space in the Workast web app:
- Click on + next to "Spaces" in your left-hand taskbar
- A space creation dialogue will open.
- Name your space.
- Invite users to your space if desired - type in the names of the users that you would like to invite, and click on the populated result.
- Select who can join the space. The default selection is "Anyone on the team" which makes it a public space. To change the space to private, click the button next to "Only those invited can join the space."
- Choose what apps you'd like to connect to the space by clicking the arrow next to "Apps and "Integrations" and then selecting "Add" next to the integrations you'd like to add.
- Click the green "Create" button to finish completing the space.
Creating lists for your project/event
The next step in creating the space for your project/event is adding lists, which will allow you to seamlessly organize your tasks.
To create lists for your space:
- Click on "Create a new list."
- Enter the list title.
- Hit enter to save the list title.
- The pin icon indicates the default list in the space.
- To set a list as the default list in the space, click on three vertical dots on the right-hand side of the list and click "Set as default."
- To delete a list in the space, click on the three vertical dots on the right-hand side of the list and click "Delete."
Creating and assigning tasks
Once your lists are created, you can start adding tasks.
- Clicking on "Add a new task" under the individual list to create new tasks.
- Click on the calendar to add a due date, and on the people icon to add assignees. Press "Save" to complete the task.
- You can then click on the task to expand it, allowing you to add a description, attachments, subtasks and tags. *
* Certain features are only available with Premium (paid) Workast plans. For information on our plans, click here.